Contact Us

Workers' Compensation

Helping Injured Workers

Over the years, the workers' compensation lawyers at Morrissette Law Group have helped thousands of injured workers throughout the Yakima Valley file their work-related injury claims in order to receive the benefits they were due. The benefits an injured worker may be entitled to include: medical treatment, time loss compensation, vocational rehabilitation, permanent partial disability, and pension benefits.

As workers' comp lawyers, we understand the worker's compensation system and can help you navigate through the maze to avoid the pitfalls while working with either the State Fund or Self-Insured Workers' Compensation divisions.

If you've been denied worker's compensation benefits, don't give up. Please call us if you have suffered a workplace injury and let our friendly and knowledgeable legal team assist you by providing a free consultation and case evaluation. The Washington state worker's compensation system is complex and confusing. Self-Insured employers must follow the same guidelines as employers that are State Funded. However, Self-Insured employers have a Third Party Administrator (TPA) to handle their claims. Some employers are self-administered which means that the employer handles the claim themselves. This can be a frustrating and emotional process for an injured worker who doesn't have the benefit of knowing his/her rights.

Don't fall victim to the worker's compensation system where you are simply conAntonioered a number. You are an individual who has sustained a workplace injury. You deserve the benefits you are entitled to by law. You owe it to yourself to be protected so that you can focus on the most important task at hand... getting better. Leave the legal wrangling over your benefits to our experienced legal team.

We can help you recover damages for claims such as the following:

  • Car accident injuries
  • Dog bites
  • Nursing Home Accidents
  • Premises liability claims

  • Social Security Disability
  • Worker's Compensation
  • Wrongful death

Frequently Asked Questions

Will I lose my job if I can't work?

There are several factors your employer and L&I must conAntonioer regarding your ability to return to work. It will depend on the severity of your injury, the type of work you do, and your employer's willingness to accommodate any disability.

If I can't work, is there protection for my lost income?

You may qualify for a set percentage of your income at the time of injury. However, there are numerous methods to calculate your entitlement to wage loss and many rules as to what makes it payable.

Am I able to take time off to recover from my injury?

This depends on the nature of your injury, the instructions given by your physician, and whether or not your employer provides work within your prescribed restrictions.

What options do I have if my job is no longer safe?

There are several options such as new accommodations, vocational retraining, or possibly pension benefits.

Who will pay my medical bills?

Your industrial insurance carrier should pay 100% of all appropriate and reasonable medical care related to your injury at work. However, some medical treatment requires preauthorization, and some forms of treatment are not covered.

What do I do if my claim is denied?

You have the right to protest or appeal any decisions made by your industrial insurance carrier. Your written objection must be filed properly within 60 days of receipt of the order. The burden of proof falls to the injured worker, and evidence must be given on a more-probable-than-not basis.

Will I qualify for permanent disability?

Permanent partial disability is a settlement payable at claim closure if you meet certain guidelines concerning the severity/permanency of your injury. Permanent total disability is a monthly pension payment for life should your injuries preclude you from ever returning to work. Objective medical and vocational evidence is required.